- Don't Block or Remove the EGR Valve, It's Saving You Money
- Keep Your Engine Alive: The Importance of Oil Temperature
- Low Temp Thermostats: What's the Advantage?
- Wheel Tech, Part III: Wheel Diameter's Effect on Performance
- Beating the Heat: Advantage of a High Pressure Radiator Cap
- How to Compare Weight Savings to Horsepower Gains
- Check Your Engine's Health: With a Vacuum Gauge
- Wheel Tech, Part II: Width Matters
- What's So Wrong With Nitrous?
- Stiff Stuff: Strut Bars and Braces
Category Archives: Tech Tips
Today I'm sharing 5 little tech tips that don't necessarily warrant their own article but are really useful to know anyway.
The first tip is how to find the source of an oil leak using foot powder. Clean the area where an oil leak is suspected really well, then spray the area with a generous coating of foot powder. Then run the engine for a few minutes and you'll easily be able to see the source of the oil leak by the presence of a nice dark stain in the powder. (Thanks to Matthew Crawford). (more…)